Nurse/Health Office and Info
The Nurse’s Office serves students in the Quabbin Regional Middle and High Schools.
Kim Staiti, BSN, RN, NCSN
Nurse Leader Quabbin Regional School District
School Nurse Quabbin Regional Middle/High School
800 South Street, Barre MA 01005
Phone 978-355-4651 x 8102
Google Voice 978-355-8817 (call or text)
Secure Fax 978-355-9803
Nurse’s Office Services:
- Assessment & Management of Acute Illness/Injury
- Care/Case management of Children with Special Health Needs
- Emergency Response – Individual, School-specific, Community–wide
- Facilitation of Access to Care – Insurance, Medical Home, Oral Health, Behavioral Health
- Health Education *
- Medication Administration – Routine, PRN
- Promotion/Maintenance of Healthy School Environment
- Screening – Hearing, Vision, Scoliosis Height/Weight/BMI, Immunizations
- Surveillance – Communicable Diseases, Chronic Diseases
*Examples of specific health issues addressed by health education and program development activities: asthma, diabetes, food allergies, substance abuse, healthy weight (nutrition, physical activity), sexual issues, injury prevention (intentional/unintentional), skin cancer prevention, mental health, hygiene/sanitation.
Information on the Corona Virus (COVID-19) may be found here.
Student Health Policies
Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
Links to Health Documents:
Medication Administration Policy
Massachusetts School Health Examination Form
For more specific information about the state’s immunization requirements for school children, please click here.
Infectious Disease Fact Sheets:
Colds versus Flu: How to Tell the Difference
Influenza (Seasonal Flu)
What if you Don’t Immunize
Head Lice Information