Nurse/Health Office and Info
The Nurse’s Office serves all the students at the Hubbardston Center School.
Rya Bennett, School Nurse
School Nurse Hubbardston Center School
8 Elm Street, Hubbardston, MA 01452
Information on the Corona Virus (COVID-19) may be found here.
Nurse’s Office Services:
- Assessment & Management of Acute Illness/Injury
- Care/Case management of Children with Special Health Needs
- Emergency Response – Individual, School-specific, Community–wide
- Facilitation of Access to Care – Insurance, Medical Home, Oral Health, Behavioral Health
- Health Education *
- Medication Administration – Routine, PRN
- Promotion/Maintenance of Healthy School Environment
- Screening – Hearing, Vision, Scoliosis Height/Weight/BMI, Immunizations
- Surveillance – Communicable Diseases, Chronic Diseases
*Examples of specific health issues addressed by health education and program development activities: asthma, diabetes, food allergies, substance abuse, health weight (nutrition, physical activity), sexual issues, injury prevention (intentional/unintentional), skin cancer prevention, mental health, hygiene/sanitation.
Student Health Policies
Links to Health Documents:
Medication Administration Policy
Massachusetts School Health Examination Form
For more specific information about the state’s immunization requirements for school children, please click here.
Infectious Disease Fact Sheets:
Colds versus Flu: How to Tell the Difference
Influenza (Seasonal Flu)
What if you Don’t Immunize
Head Lice Information