SEPAC Contacts and Meeting Schedule
SEPAC PANDEMIC RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
PLEASE TAKE THE SURVEY BELOW FOR “ABOVE & BEYOND” RECOGNITION
In this unprecedented time, recognition of a job well done for students with disabilities deserves a great deal of recognition. Perhaps now more than ever before our Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) “Above and Beyond” recognition will highlight the outstanding faculty/staff that are making connections both within the classroom and now in a virtual classroom. Please help us give our sincere thanks to the hard working faculty/staff throughout the Quabbin Regional School District. We will recognize administrators, teachers, office managers, custodial staff, specialists, related service providers, paraprofessionals, interventionists, tutors, and any other district staff. Nominations will be accepted through Friday June 12, 2020. Please use the following link to nominate a staff member who has made a difference for your special needs student.
SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council) is a group of parents helping other parents with information, resources, and moral support. If you have one question or several, we can help! Please email us or come to a meeting.
- Morgan Brinker, SEPAC Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristin Campione, District Contact, email@example.com
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council would like you to join them for their next meeting on May 18, 2020 at 6:00 pmSEPAC Meeting: Students with Disabilities and COVID19
Please join us for support for parents of students with disabilities during the school closure due to the pandemic. The SEPAC is chaired by Morgan Brinker, a Hubbardston parent.
Description: Family support Q&A session given our current situation of school closure. Bring your questions, and find family peer support. The last 30 minutes will be reserved for business meeting planning for SEPAC events during the 2020-2021 school year and plans for teacher/staff recognition.
Time: 6-8 pm on google meets.
Please click on the link below or join by phone:
Join by phone: +1 617-675-4444 PIN: 519 713 408 7152#
All meetings will be held from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Educational Support Center located at 872 South Street, Barre, unless otherwise noted. All meetings are subject to change due to speaker availability and/or weather.
- Work toward improved understanding and respect for all children with special needs in our community.
- Provide a network of parents to share resources and to support one another through common interest and concern for our children.
- Encourage a partnership between the families of special needs children and the Quabbin Regional School District and, in doing so, improve the opportunities and education of special needs children.
- Promote and support an educational environment where each child is encouraged and provided with opportunities to attain their fullest potential.
- Become a SEPAC member; there are no membership fees
- Attend a presentation: Each year the Quabbin Region SEPAC offers free presentations, in addition to a Basic Rights seminar
- Come to a meeting: Attend our meetings, where experienced parents are available to answer your questions and to lend a supportive hand.