Nurse/Health Office and Info
The Nurse’s Office serves students in the Quabbin Regional Middle and High Schools.
Kim Staiti, BSN RN NCSN serves as the middle and high school nurse. You can reach Kim Staiti by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 978-355-4651 (high school) or 978-355-5042 (middle school).
Middle-High School Nurse’s Office FAX: 978-355-9803
Nurse’s Office Services:
- Assessment & Management of Acute Illness/Injury
- Care/Case management of Children with Special Health Needs
- Emergency Response – Individual, School-specific, Community–wide
- Facilitation of Access to Care – Insurance, Medical Home, Oral Health, Behavioral Health
- Health Education *
- Medication Administration – Routine, PRN
- Promotion/Maintenance of Healthy School Environment
- Screening – Hearing, Vision, Scoliosis Height/Weight/BMI, Immunizations
- Surveillance – Communicable Diseases, Chronic Diseases
*Examples of specific health issues addressed by health education and program development activities: asthma, diabetes, food allergies, substance abuse, healthy weight (nutrition, physical activity), sexual issues, injury prevention (intentional/unintentional), skin cancer prevention, mental health, hygiene/sanitation.
Student Health Policies
Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
Links to Health Documents:
Medication Administration Policy
Massachusetts School Health Examination Form
For more specific information about the state’s immunization requirements for school children, please click here.
Infectious Disease Fact Sheets:
Colds versus Flu: How to Tell the Difference
Influenza (Seasonal Flu)
What if you Don’t Immunize
Head Lice Information