Nurse / Health
The Nurse’s Office serves all students at the Hardwick Elementary School, helping to provide a healthy, safe academic experience for all students.
Jane Young, BS, RN, NCSN
School Nurse Hardwick Elementary School
76 School House Drive, PO Box 576
Gilbertville, MA 01031
Information on the Corona Virus (COVID-19) may be found here.
Nurse’s Office Services:
- Assessment & Management of Acute Illness/Injury
- Care/Case management of Children with Special Health Needs
- Emergency Response – Individual, School-specific, Community–wide
- Facilitation of Access to Care – Insurance, Medical Home, Oral Health, Behavioral Health
- Health Education *
- Medication Administration – Routine, PRN
- Promotion/Maintenance of Healthy School Environment
- Screening – Hearing, Vision, Scoliosis Height/Weight/BMI, Immunizations
- Surveillance – Communicable Diseases, Chronic Diseases
*Examples of specific health issues addressed by health education and program development activities: asthma, diabetes, food allergies, substance abuse, health weight (nutrition, physical activity), sexual issues, injury prevention (intentional/unintentional), skin cancer prevention, mental health, hygiene/sanitation.